Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Going to the chapel (beach) and they're going to get married!

Tomorrow afternoon, Aaron and I are leaving for Destin to watch my brother and his fiance get married on Saturday. It is going to be a great time - we are going to be barefoot in the sand during the wedding, the dresses are perfect, and my entire family is going to be together for three days. Aaron gets to take a break from law school and I get to take a break from being unemployed, and I also get to hang out with the extraordinarily awesome girls from the bachelorette party. And to top it off, this is where we are staying:

I'm even kind of looking forward to the road trip down there with my husband. We are going to argue a lot about the music and I'll probably sleep a good bit and then we'll have a few minor arguments about directions, but all in all, we're going to enjoy the 9 hours together.

My hopes for Chase and Adrea are that they will always be each others best friend and they will always be the same Chase and Adrea they are today. Everybody who has been married or who is married can give them advice on the key to a perfect marriage, but I think it can be very simple: Honor God through your marriage, and he will honor your marriage. Marriage is one of the most beautiful images of God's will, and I am embarrassed about how often I forget to thank Him for His gift. This is such a special time in their lives, and I pray that they will never forget the butterflies in their stomachs when he sees her walking down the aisle in the white gown and she sees him at the end of it waiting for her to become his wife.

I can't help but think about this time in mine and Aaron's lives four years ago. We were so young and blind and had no idea what the future would entail. We were blessed to have family and friends that supported us, because getting married at 20 and 21 years old is crazy enough to make some people ask questions. We had to learn how to be married in some unusual circumstances, but they were undoubtedly the most precious days of my life to date. Getting used to Aaron's weird quirks (which will probably be a blog in and of itself) and learning how to live after arguments and forgiving each other for saying mean things, it really is a beautiful process and we are still learning. I don't mean to be a big cheese ball, but I really do love my marriage and Aaron makes it fun and I think he would say I make it stressful.

I'll be praying for Chase and Adrea as they enter into one of the coolest stages of their lives, and also hope that their wedding and new marriage will be a reminder for all married folks that just because they have been married for 4, 15, or 50 years, there is no reason why they can't be the same crazy and silly newlyweds they were before. (cheesy! sorry!)

No comments: