Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ain't No Mountain High Enough For Clark

Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk at work listening to my favorite channel on Pandora Radio. An all time favorite came on, so I cranked it up a bit and started humming along to "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." All of a sudden, out of nowhere, for the very first time ever, I felt a giant KICK come from my belly. And it wasn't just one kick. Clark spent the entire four minutes doing music acrobatics in my belly and I felt every single movement. It was wierd/amazing/never experienced anything like it before (obviously) and I loved it.

When the song ended, so did the movement. Clark was only dancing to the music, apparently. I kept poking my belly trying to get him to respond, but got nothing. The child loves good music, what can I say.

Short message to Aaron: You keep your terrible, awful, painful music away from our child. You hear me? If I ever see him headbanging to Journey, James Taylor, or the Beatles, I will know what happened.

2 comments:

Jimbo and Rach said...

I'll make sure to introduce him to some Blink 182 or Saliva then...haha!

Melanie Lewis said...

James Taylor can actually be very soothing :) and he has to love the beatles!.....but I do love me some ain't no mountain high enough! I'm right there with ya baby clark! Congrats!!!