Monday, August 31, 2009

Dear Clark.

Dear Clark,

I feel bad. I fed you absolutely junk today. For lunch, I didn't have to go to Chick-Fil-A and get a chicken sandwich and fries. As a mid-day snack, I didn't have to eat about 7 Dove chocolates. And for dinner, I most certainly could have avoided that marathon sized slice of pizza with sausage, pepperoni and extra cheese with two breadsticks on the side. I don't know what got into me. You are probably about to throw up right now, as I am. The good news is that you got a wide assortment of fruits for breakfast and I drank at least 10 gallons of water throughout the day. But that doesn't make up for the fact that the 4,000 calories I consumed in 2 meals today were nothing but saturated fat, grease, sugar, and bad calories. You and I both probably just gained about 3 pounds apiece. If it makes you feel any better, while I ate my gigantic slice of pizza, your dad ate TWO Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. And fries. You have no reason to be proud of us, but we have very good intentions of eating very healthy from now on. 

If you couldn't tell, we haven't had a milkshake in a while now. At least three weeks. But don't start jumping for joy yet. The milkshakes have been replaced with ice cream sandwiches. And not just any ice cream sandwich. It has to be Yarnell's brand with vanilla on the outside. I think this is a step in the right direction as far as calories are concerned, but now that I have ice cream sandwiches on my mind, I'm going to have to make my way over to the freezer and get me one, increasing my calorie intake for the day up to a whoppin 4,300. Yikes. 

I promise I'll do better tomorrow. Don't judge me. See ya soon. 

Love,
Mom

No comments: