Thursday, December 17, 2009

December Photo Project Day 17

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Aaron beat me in Scattergories and I'm pretty upset. We played three games and unfortunately he won two of them. I sure did talk a lot of smack leading up to the game and lost by a whopping 10 or so points. His answers were so bizarre and I did google several of his answers only to find out he was right, which really hurt my credibility. I had a feeling playing this game with him would turn out this way. I just wasn't on my A game and him winning (and rubbing it in my face) is only fuel for the fire. Our next game, which will most likely be tomorrow, I will be so ready to whip his tail. Also, for whoever decides to come visit me in the hospital while I'm laboring through contractions, be ready, because like I've said before, Scattergories is my choice of distraction.

I've almost completed an entire week of unemployment and nothing I've done so far has brought me any closer to being ready for Clark's arrival. I cleaned a little bit and we did buy 11 new light bulbs to replace around the house, but thats about it. This morning, Aaron and I both woke up at 7 a.m. (which is way earlier than I ever would have woken up during my employment days) and we just stared at each other wondering what in the world we were going to do today. We went to Home Depot (twice) and bought a fire extinguisher and space heater. A fire extinguisher because we just happened to walk by them and realize we should probably have one of those, and a space heater because our bedroom stays freaking freezing during the winter due to the poor circulation in our house. And of course we bought 11 light bulbs. I also aimlessly walked around the house for about an hour pointing out things I needed to do. Or things I needed Aaron to do. Aaron read a chunky amount of political articles. I checked the mailbox three times thinking maybe the mailman might have forgotten something the first time. I had good intentions on taking Jake for a walk but never did. We ate at Old Venice and I drank a coke (with two refills) and felt guilty. And that's about it. It is 6:30 and Aaron is sound asleep. It's going to take at least a week of him getting 12+ hours of sleep per night to catch up on the lack of z's he got during exams.

Tomorrow and everyday between now and Clark's birthday will probably be a repeat of today. Speaking of, tomorrow marks the two week countdown to his due date. I realize that he could still come any day now, but its safe to say that I probably won't have to wait longer than two weeks. And once my new pajamas come in the mail, I will be completely packed up and ready to go. Except for my hair dryer. Obviously I can't pack that yet, so it is something that I'm going to have to remember to stick in my bag before we hit the road. I just know I'm going to forget and I'm going to have to call somebody to bring me a hair dryer. Unless hospitals have hair dryers. I wonder if that is the case? And also my cell phone charger. I can't pack that either right now. Oh dear, I'm stressing myself out because I'm going to forget so many things. And, believe it or not, we still do not have a dadgum camera. Aaron keeps saying we'll get one but I think he's being a complete turd and not considering the fact that Clark may be here tonight and we won't be able to take pictures of his first seconds of life. Ugh, I need to take a chill pill.

This is my completely random photo for the day that I took over Thanksgiving break on my camera phone. In case you can't exactly tell, it is an owl that was just chillin' in our backyard.

It stayed there for about four hours and then it moved to a tree at the front of the neighborhood. I didn't let Jake out for the entire four hours because Jake would annoy the stew out of that bird. There are thick woods behind our house, so it doesn't surprise me that the owl would choose our backyard to hang out for a while, but it was an awesome thing to see as I ate breakfast and stared out the window.

More senseless photos and updates will come tomorrow, I am sure. Maybe DPP Day 18 will be of Clark. It will probably be of Jake. Oh dear...who's going to feed Jake while we're in the hospital?

1 comment:

Liz T. said...

The vet near where we used to live on Harris has a person who will come to your house for $15/visit I believe...maybe less...maybe you should give them your key now and then call when it happens? I would totally offer but we'll be in Brookhaven after Tuesday :( If it happens before that, we can!