Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Storytime

Clark turns two months old on Saturday, so of course I will dedicate a post to the last 30 days of his life, but in the meantime, I figured I'd share the most recent blogworthy Clark story and maybe get a chuckle or two out of you.

This past weekend, we decided to make our first road trip to Jackson and Hattiesburg for several reasons, the main one being that I desperately needed to get out of the house. Aaron didn't have class on Friday or Monday, so we made a long weekend out of it and Clark got to meet what seemed like hundreds of thousands of friends and family. We bounced from location to location introducing him to everybody in Jackson, Mississippi and it was wonderful, but that is not what this post is going to be about today. I have another poop story and I'll let you decide if this one or the last one is richer.

I have to start out by saying that I think we did really well traveling with Clark. We learned how to be efficient in packing the essentials, nursing him in the car, changing his diapers on my lap, etc. It wasn't that bad at all and Clark seemed to go with the flow. It wasn't until the very last feeding/diaper change of the trip that made me question our efficiency in traveling.

We stopped in Madison at Renaissance Mall to feed Clark and grab a bite to eat before we headed to Oxford. After he ate, Aaron and I had a mini discussion on whether or not to change him in the car or in the restaurant. We decided to go ahead and get it over with. MISTAKE. I propped him up in my lap and started the diaper changing process. Once I had his old diaper off and was reaching over to grab the new one, Clark decided to expel the most explosive and projectile poop from his bum I had ever seen so far. In complete unison, Aaron and I screamed "Noooooooo!!!!" just like in the movies. The only thing left to do when he finished was assess the situation and survey the damage. Clark poop landed on my sweater, my pants, the headrest, the console, passenger seat, my jacket, the backseat, the carpet, the diaper bag, my hands, and I'm sure I'll be finding hidden poo in less obvious places for several days to come. Fortunately, my hair was not a casualty that I know of. Am I the only person this ever happens to?

As I sat in the passenger seat with Clark's latest bowel movement covering me, our belongings, and my car, Aaron had the nerve to utter the words, "There isn't any on me is there?" Somehow, in the chaos of the explosive spray of poop, Aaron managed to dodge the entire situation and then explain how relieved he was that none of it got on him. I think I burned a hole in him with the dirty look I gave him.

We ended up cleaning the poo the best we could and of course, we continued our plans of grabbing a bite to eat. Clark had poo on his outfit and I had it all over me but we all enjoyed nice, greasy burgers from Five Brothers. Just another day. I promise that is the last poo story I'll write about. Until next time.

4 comments:

Liz T. said...

kelly you crack me up! we can't wait to see clark soon! now madison has the flu so I will let you know if it is completely out of his system by Friday :( miss seeing you!

The McFarland's said...

Kelly, you are hilarious! Mallory and Brian are sound asleep, and I am wide awake. Thank you for giving me a good laugh for the evening. We hope to meet Clark one day soon.

Haley said...

Oh wow. That is such awful timing. But hilarious, and thanks for sharing. I can just see y'all sitting in the car screaming "Nooooo!" Hahahahaha.

Deb said...

AARON!!!