Sunday, December 19, 2010

DPP: Day 16


I'm still very behind. But I WILL post 25 DPP's even if I finish in March of 2014. I'm that committed to this thing.

This morning Clark woke up snotty and drippy and because we didn't want him getting all the little kiddos in the nursery snotty and drippy, we decided to miss church today. I knew he was coming down with a cold of some fashion because yesterday was quite possibly the most miserable day in the history of Clark Rice. Which made it quite possibly the most miserable day in histories of Aaron Rice and Kelly Rice. And Clark's cold was also due any day now because Aaron currently has a bitter nasty one and its only a matter of time before the rest of us get it. Its just how life works. So this morning, after I scraped off all the snot that had caked up on his face from last night, I did what any smart and reasonable mother would do and let him play outside in the wet grass and freezing 35 degree weather. Being outside is Clark's most thrilling reward on earth and he was salivating at the mouth at the front door just waiting for me to give in because I always do. So I dressed him in his cold weather gear and let him toddle around the front yard for a few minutes to get it out of his system.



Red sock and orange sock. Story of his life.

Now I'm just going to sit here and patiently wait for my cold to rear its snotty, drippy, ugly head. There's no avoiding it. The good news is that I get to battle my cold over Christmas and our awesome Jacksonville vacation. Wait, that's not good news it all. So I would like to offer a special thanks to Aaron for infecting us all. You're the best.


No comments: