Sunday, December 21, 2008

The traveling beings.

Our Christmas travels are underway and I am pleased to announce there have been no significant complications yet. To put it simply, traveling with Aaron is no easy task. This is because while he is doing Aaron Rice things, such as drinking coffee and reading newspapers, I am doing everything else that traveling requires. Pretty much, all Aaron has to do when we travel is just not wonder away from me and things usually work out ok. I pack his suitcases, print the itineraries, figure out what to do with Jake, book hotel rooms, etc, and Aaron just has to remember to breathe and he is good to go. We both agree that if I was not in the picture, he would be a lost little boy just following whichever way the wind blew. I play a very logistical role in Aaron's life, and I think I deserve some flowers for my hard work. 

Anyway, we left Oxford on Friday afternoon and headed to Greenwood for T.C. and Jocelyn's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and we enjoyed getting to see some old college friends. Mostly we enjoyed hanging out with each other, because if you have not gathered from this blog, we don't get to see each other much. We got to dance and I got to teach Aaron how to do the Cupid Shuffle. I tried to teach him the Electric Slide but it was just too complicated for him to learn on the spot, so I'm going to have to give him private lessons so next time he won't feel left out. Here are some photos from the evening. 

Let me just take a second to emphasize how handsome and dapper Aaron looked in his Marine Corps dress blues. It took a lot of work to squeeze into the uniform, but once he had it on, I melted. I felt like the luckiest girl in the room because I was with him. Every five minutes or so, somebody would stop him to shake his hand and thank him for his service, but perhaps the best part of the evening was this little guy, Phillip, who was the ring bearer in the wedding. He really took a liking to Aaron and his uniform, particularly his hat, and he was pretty much in Aaron's shadow all night. This is Phillip at the beginning of the night when he still had his little tuxedo on. 

And this is Phillip towards the end of the night in his pajamas, although he continued to wear his corsage. 

We really had a great time and are so excited for T.C. and Jocelyn. They are going to have a very fun marriage. 

We checked out of the hotel and ate at Honest Abe's Donuts in Greenwood, and then Aaron left for Hattiesburg and I made my way back to Oxford because I have to work tomorrow. Aaron's extended family is having their Christmas party this afternoon and I am bummed that I can't be there. Even though I will see Aaron on Tuesday, I still miss the boy something awful. At least I have little Jake to keep me company until then. 

I'm getting excited about Vail! 

1 comment:

Deb said...

Kelly, I can't wait to see you and Audrey and Hannah agree!