Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back to reality.

Christmas travels for the Rice's are in full swing. I am back in Oxford after being in Jackson and H'burg for several days, and Aaron is in Texas with his dad catching deer. Christmas was relatively quiet, but very awesome. Aaron surprised me with a Macbook computer and I surprised him with a sweater. 

Apparently, Aaron knows me well enough to have figured out in advance that I would harass him until he gave in and told me what my present was. I've been told that I don't cooperate with surprises very well. He also knew that I would look under the tree for my present, and once I found it I would shake it and try to figure out what it was while asking him a thousand questions trying to get hints. So he brilliantly decided to wrap a decoy present (correction: his sister wrapped a decoy present) and when it came time to open my present, I was somewhat confused when I discovered an old VHS tape from the early 90's called Medal of Honor. Before I even had time to scowl at Aaron for getting me such a terrible gift, there was another big present sitting on the couch, and this present was fabulous. That Aaron Rice kid is a sneaky boy because it was the last thing in the world I would have expected to open. Had I known he was going to get me a flippin' awesome computer, I probably would not have gotten him a sweater. But thats okay, because Aaron and I decided a few years ago that what really matters is what he gets me anyway. 

I got to hang out with my family a pretty good bit, and they always make me laugh. Take a look at how cute they are:



We ate some great food, and I would like to give a special shout out to Randy Rice, who produced the finest turkey my taste buds have ever experienced on Christmas day. We got to talk to Ryan in Iraq and he seems to be doing real good. He is in really good spirits and has a great attitude, but I could sense the homesickness in his voice as I talked to him. Please continue to keep him in your prayers, especially during the holidays. 

Unfortunately I have to go back to work on Monday. I might have to quit my job so that I can find time to hang out with the Wachdorfs and sweet little Kate while they are in Hattiesburg. I would be more than willing to do so. While they are enjoying family time and more good food, I will be talking to people about their colons. Life is tough. The good news is that in about ten days, I will be eating snow in Colorado and not talking about peoples colons. So for now Jake and I are going to be in Oxford just chillin. If anybody wants to come visit me this week, just let me know and I will quit my job. 

No comments: