Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Photo Project Day 3; Practicing With Dangles

This afternoon at work when I should have been preparing for a hefty real estate transaction that is happening tomorrow, I was instead in the parking lot of my office installing the base to Clark's car seat. My only legitimate excuse as to why I was using Tannehill & Carmean law firm's precious time for personal reasons is that when I get home after work, its already dark outside. This really messes with my mind and I feel the need to pretty much go straight to bed when I get home from work, so I have to be professionally and personally productive during the day. I installed it by myself and then had an Oxford police officer who was "car seat certified" stop by the office to make sure it was in there properly. It was properly installed, and I was proud.

When I got home, I couldn't wait to practice clicking the actual car seat into the base. I didn't want to put an empty car seat on there, because that would be stupid. I went in Clark's room and carefully practiced putting Dangles, the life saving monkey, in the car seat and buckling him up as if he was a real live baby. Then I proceeded to practice putting Dangles in the car. It's really not complicated at all. Just clicks right in - dummy proof - just how I like it.

You'll have to forgive the quality of the photo above. Aaron lost my camera and won't spend the five minutes it takes to retrace his steps, so I had to use the camera on my phone. Side note: If my camera is not found in the very near future, we will dive right into our savings account and purchase whatever brand new, very expensive, professional camera that Daniel the extremely talented photographer recommends.

Anyway, Dangles was a great practice buddy. As it turns out, I'm pretty good at putting stuffed monkeys in car seats and also putting car seats in cars. I can't imagine it would be terribly different placing a living, breathing, crying, pooping, fragile little baby in a car seat. I'm really not good at holding babies, much less having to transport one from point A to point B in a vehicle. I've got so much to learn. Life is going to get very interesting.

2 comments:

Haley said...

Haha! Great work, Kelly! Dangles looks very safe. And seriously, hang on to that monkey, because if all our kids could carry around stuffed monkeys, that would be the cutest thing ever. I'm proud of you for putting the car seat in by yourself. It took Dan and I working together about an hour to get our figured out. You'll be a pro in no time.

Deb said...

Makes a Gam So proud!