Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is me bellyaching.

I'm going to start blogging more.

There are several times throughout the day that a thought pops into my head and I think to myself how I should definitely throw it up on the blog because surely everybody in the world will think its great. And then at the end of the day after I've eaten my three bowls of Yarnell's blueberries and cream frozen yogurt and after I've watched the news (and by news, I mean Desperate Housewives, Modern Family, The Bachelor, etc.), one of two things happen. I either fall asleep with my laptop on my chest before I get started or I get three sentences into a good post and then I fall asleep. And both of those things are likely to happen before 9:30 p.m. I am completely worthless by 7:31 every night, because that is one minute after we put Clark to bed and I crawl on my hands and knees to my couch that is kind of starting to smell like Jake's pee.

I suppose the reason I am so completely exhausted and worthless at the end of the day is because Clark is CRAZY busy and it is almost impossible to keep up with the kid all day long. From the second he wakes up at 7am to the second he goes to bed, he is on the move and won't stop for three seconds to take a chill pill. He doesn't even slow down to poop in his diaper. I think he poops while he is running. All I have to say about it is this: stay at home moms deserve life's most sweetest, generous rewards. Husbands of stay at home moms need to step up their A-game because it is VERY easy to feel worn down and defeated. Can I get an amen?

I've got about seven billion pictures and some really awesome videos I'm going to plaster all over this blog as soon as I find the time/energy/motivation/camera cord. In the meantime, here are a few Clarkimus updates:

*he's learning all sorts of new tricks everyday
*he likes to dance to music
*he says two words: ball and Jake
*he weighs about 23 pounds
*he has all of his teeth minus one molar that should be coming in soon
*he experienced his first fever a couple of weeks ago, and it was so sad
*he will kiss you if you ask him to
*he will hug you if you ask him to
*he likes to jump but doesn't catch air quite yet
*he is a sucker for applause and will do anything to get it
*he loves stacking blocks on top of each other
*he loves Elmo and anything Sesame Street
*he and Jake are developing a strong relationship
*he knows where his toes, eyes, ears and bellybutton are
*he loves testing boundaries but does not love getting in trouble
*he loves being naked
*he makes the most awesome facial expression when he gets excited
*he loves finding any random object around the house and throwing it in the bath tub
*he runs to the door when I say "Let's go."
*he likes running in the grass
*he likes cold grapes
*he loves playing with his girlfriend, Rowan Kaigler, who now lives right down the street
*he likes to spin around in circles
*he is getting ready to drop his morning nap and take one long nap in the afternoon
*he always poops at or around 9:30 in the morning
*he has eaten Quaker oatmeal every single morning for the past two months
*he eats the heck out of some edamame
*he is starting to throw some horrendous tempter tantrums
*his laugh makes my heart melt
*he smiles all day long
*he's asleep right now, and I'm tempted to go wake him up just to give him a kiss
*but I'm not going to do that, because that would be stupid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This brings back all the fun memories of our weekend with y'all. I miss little Clark kissing my face. I know it was just for the applause but it still melted my heart every time. What a cutie.

Deb said...

OOOOHHHHHHH!!! I miss him!!! Gam