Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good!

I have some great college friends. The best, actually. When I think back on those days, I can't help but smile, and laugh out loud, because my friends are what made it so dadgum fun. I have very specific memories, most of which I wouldn't dare share with the public, that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

This past Monday, we had a mini-reunion in Southaven. Unfortunately, all of our husbands were with us so we couldn't be as rowdy as usual. Just kidding. We all have great husbands who are crazy fun too. But it was so awesome getting to spend time with them again. We ate and chatted and laughed and reminisced and everything else you would expect from a group of girls who only get together a couple times a year, if that many.

Jennifer, Megan, me, Raquel, and Jamie


Naturally, on the ride back to Oxford, I became very nostalgic and started thinking about the good old days while Aaron was ranting and raving about something political, I'm sure. I wasn't listening because I was thinking about how bad miss these girls! I wished I would have taken more pictures or had a blog or something to recount those crazy times, because all I have is my memory and that is not a very reliable source, considering I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Or did I even eat breakfast this morning? I do know one thing. Next time I am in Jackson, I will most certainly go to Megan's house and make her play every single second of video footage from our apartment life that she has stored in her camera. And we will laugh and I will continue to make fun of her for being from a small town. I'm looking forward to next time and hope its not so dadgum long until I get to see my homies again.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I miss you too! Had such fun with your little family!