Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm going to do this.

Last year I had a difficult time with the December Photo Project because Aaron conveniently lost our camera sometime during the first week of December. After doing a little soul searching, I realized it was actually me that might have lost the camera, so I publicly apologized to Arnie on the blog because I really gave him a hard time for it and I'm surprised he wanted to stay married to me. The little pink camera I had once loved so much was long gone until one random afternoon in October when I was lying on the floor and happened to catch a glimpse of something pink and shimmery lodged in the framework of the recliner in Clark's room. Sure enough, there was my little camera along with Aaron's old cell phone that had been mysteriously missing for about two months. I felt like I had struck gold that day. The only reason I'm not doing a celebratory dance is because the pink camera is useless right now because I can't find its charger. So I might as well go put it back under the recliner where it sat peacefully for ten months. Not having a camera made the December Photo Project difficult, but this year is different. We have an amazing Daniel recommended camera that has turned out to be one of the best purchases we have ever made.

It will take a great deal of commitment on my part because I can't blog while the Shark Tank is awake, and I have a very short window frame of consciousness after he goes to bed before I crash into a non-medically induced coma. But I resolve to do my best and I would love to see some of my blog buddies do the same. Basically, you'll post a new picture on your blog for the first 25 days of December. Or you could do what I did last year and just ramble and not even post a picture. Either way is fine. The idea behind the DPP is that December is a festive time of year for everyone and this is a fun way to document it. I read back over some of my posts from last year and had to laugh because I was such a turd back then and I can't believe Aaron put up with my extremely pregnant and impossibly hard to be around attitude.

If you would like to participate in the December Photo Project, click here to sign up. I apologize in advance if you have to look at pictures of Clark eating Jake's poop.

No comments: